Friday, March 19, 2010

Empire Archers

I finally started work on these:




They're quite possibly the nicest plastic minis Games Workshop has ever produced. Odd that it has to be archers though. Don't they just look like they belong to Henry the Eight's hunting party? They look so competent and cool. Too bad they're a bunch of balistic skill 3 schlubs. Look at the third picture. There's even a gut shot orc getting ready to be dispatched by an archer's sword. Can't wait to finish painting them.

Speaking of painting, I primered the archers using white Armoury spray primer. This is highly unusual considering that I normally use grey gesso. I am to gesso like a Romanian is to onions. Even so, my gesso must be getting old or something because it has really been gunking up details lately. Hence the spray primer. We'll see how this turns out.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work Wolfsgaum.


    Hope to see them soon in the B&P.


    Soth

    ReplyDelete