Hello all! A while ago, a friend of mine and I got together to try out playing some Aeronef. This is when I discovered that I'd mounted all my 'Nefs wrong. You see, a couple of years back when I started messing around with them I thought I read in the rules that the hexagonal bases should be positioned so that one of the points is aligned with the prow of the ship rather than one of the sides. I thought that was unusual for a game using hexes to determine firing arcs and such. Putting those thought aside, I went ahead and mounted all my ships wrong. There was no going back.
Then I got a bunch of magnetic, hexagonal bases from Litko ( http://www.litkoaero.com/ ). This is the way it turned out;
Pictured above is a Zepp. of mine shortly before a large object fell on it and broke the base off.
I think it looks great. Plus, now I can store and transport my 'Nefs in some of those metal cookie tins that I had sitting around.
I'm actually getting back to this blog. More to come soon!
This Is The Gen Con DIY D&D Post
4 days ago